It’s never good when you hear the word “desperate” but that’s exactly how real estate experts in Northeast Florida are describing the real estate market right now.
- Realtors are desperate to find new listings
- Buyers are desperate to find a home in this low inventory market
Currently, there is less than a 2-month supply of homes on the market, according to NEFAR (Northeast Florida Association of Realtors.) However, the supply and demand problem isn’t all terrible. In fact, the positive side of the current market conditions are that the median sales price on average increased in 2020, many listings had multiple offers and listings didn’t sit on the market very long. Here are some statistics released by NEFAR:
- There are 44.7% fewer properties on the market last month compared to December 2019
- 13% more homes sold last month compared to December 2019
- The average sales price of a home was 17.2% higher last month than December 2019
- Nearly 19% of properties sold last month were higher than the asking price
- Homes sold 17% faster than the same time last year
It’s a Seller’s Market. And if you’ve ever considered selling your home, NOW IS THE TIME. As an award-winning realtor and consistent TOP PRODUCER, I want to encourage you to consider listing your home during these market conditions. The Barzaga Team excels at creating exposure for your home so that thousands of homebuyers will see your listing. We will walk you through the process, whether you are a first-time seller or someone who has made many moves in your lifetime. The Barzaga Team also understands what buyers are looking for to ensure your home is ready to sell for top dollar.
We understand sometimes the home selling process can seem overwhelming. But that’s why we are here. If you are considering jumping into this Seller’s Market in Northeast Florida and listing your home, give us a call so we can tour your home, discuss preparing your home to maximize your selling potential, run the neighborhood comps and get you into your next dream home. It would be our honor to have a consultation with you.
Call Mirtha Barzaga at 904-501-1830 today and let’s get the process started.