Please note! While daily life looks a little different for most of us in recent weeks, I want to let my customers know I continue to be available to you. My office (100 E. Town Place, Ste. 100, St. Augustine) is temporarily closed to walk-in traffic, however I am available to meet with customers at the office by appointment only. You can always reach me at: 904.501.1830 (mobile), 904.484.2126 (office) or [email protected] —————————————————————————–
With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, resources are coming available to help testing for those who need it.
TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville is offering a federally-sponsored drive-thru COVID-19 testing site in parking lot J. All ages will now be accepted, although you must have a temperature of 99.6 or higher AND respiratory symptoms to get tested at the site. First responders and healthcare workers who have direct contact with patients will also be tested, regardless of symptoms.
For those of us who are thankfully feeling healthy, its good to know how to protect ourselves. According to the CDC, take the following precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if you cannot wash your hands. Cover your hands completely (not just the palms) and rub them together until dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Put distance between yourself and other people. Northeast Florida now has more than 1,000 documented COVID-19 cases, so distancing ourselves is key!
- Stay home if you are sick. The only exception is to get urgent medical care.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, TV remotes, countertops, drawer pulls, phones, computer keyboards—anything you and your family frequently touch.
Visit CDC’s website for more information on prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/